With nearly 80 percent of sudden cardiac arrests occurring outside the hospital, it is important that employers offer CPR and AED training for their employees to respond to a sudden cardiac arrest emergency.
Heartsaver CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult. Optional modules include child CPR and AED use, infant CPR and child and infant choking.
Heartsaver CPR AED teaches skills with AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills.
Upon successful completion of the course, including a skills test, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years.
• Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Adult CPR and AED use
• Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
• Optional written test Heartsaver CPR AED Course Materials
• Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual with
Lesson Maps and Instructor CD (90-1029)
• Heartsaver DVD Set (90-1028)
• Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook with Adult and Child/Infant Reminder Cards (90-1044)
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
The Chain of Survival: Only As Strong As the Weakest Link. Early CPR saves lives.
This comprehensive 16-20 hour course is ideal for Instructors certified to teach CPR, AED, and basic first aid, who have wilderness experience.
This training is required for all personnel who work with human blood or blood products such as those workers in the medical, police, fire, and ems field.
I was watching my little brother and he started choking. I followed the procedures I learned your class I needed for school and my brother is alive today thanks to you.
I not only receive more babysitting jobs on the weekends due to my CPR training, but I feel more confident when I'm watching kids thanks to you.