According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), approximately 4 million injuries and illnesses occur annually in the workplace, and nearly 80 percent of sudden cardiac arrests occur outside the hospital.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. In this course, students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use. Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid, CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years.
• Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• First aid basics
• Medical emergencies
• Injury emergencies
• Environmental emergencies
• Adult CPR and AED use
• Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
• Optional written test
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Materials
• Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual with Lesson Maps and Instructor CD (90-1029)
• Heartsaver DVD Set (90-1028)
• Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook with Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide,* Heartsaver CPR AED Adult Reminder Card and Heartsaver CPR AED Child & Infant Reminder Card (90-1026)
* Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide also sold separately (90-1025)
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
The Chain of Survival: Only As Strong As the Weakest Link. Early CPR saves lives.
This comprehensive 16-20 hour course is ideal for Instructors certified to teach CPR, AED, and basic first aid, who have wilderness experience.
This training is required for all personnel who work with human blood or blood products such as those workers in the medical, police, fire, and ems field.
I was watching my little brother and he started choking. I followed the procedures I learned your class I needed for school and my brother is alive today thanks to you.
I not only receive more babysitting jobs on the weekends due to my CPR training, but I feel more confident when I'm watching kids thanks to you.